April 19, 2024, 01:36:15 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 04-24-2013

Started by LarryMc, April 24, 2013, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I'm almost through with the "first pass" coding of the Save Project As feature.
To facilitate testing I had asked Bruce to build me an elaborate project that hopefully will test all the possibilities that may be encountered in a project.

The test project involved a lot of resources. 
While building the resources Bruce identified a couple of problems. (that's the major benefit of having a beta tester as opposed to relying only on your own testing)

I went back an reviewed the resource editor code and here is what I found:

1. Since I allow adding multiple resources at one time for certain types I have to set the flag in the FILEREQUEST command to allow multiple entries.  A | is used to separate entries and if you only select one file the | is appended to the filepathname.  It was being displayed.  It is no longer displayed.

2. Since rc files can be built manually, external to the IDE, and even created by other applications I noticed that if a single line entry had a comment at the end of the line it was being displayed on the file name line in the resource editor dialog.
I added code to split off comments added by outside editing so it isn't seen by the IDE user and put it back when the rc file is updated.

3. I was doing no entry validation of single line entries
I now check the resource ID and TYPE to make sure they are legal entries(no spaces or invalid characters).
I check file names to ensure that they are valid entries and reference a file that actually exists. I do that whether it is a single file or multiple files that are being addressed.
If I find a problem I alert the User and return back to the dialog editor so the User can fix the problem or abort the operation.

Now I'll go back to the SPA feature.  I believe the only thing left to do there is to copy the auxillary files( the ones that contains bookmarks and folding info) when I copy the source file to the new folder.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library