April 26, 2024, 06:21:52 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Update 03-23-2013

Started by LarryMc, March 23, 2013, 12:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

As I've stated elsewhere my plan, after being gone for a week, was to get back on the help file.
Turns out I've had to postpone that for a bit.

Bruce, the beta tester, had some virus issues and had to a totally clean reinstall and ran into some issues.
One was with the latest version of the installer itself - fixed
Another I discovered was that I didn't handle spaces in path names correctly 100% of the time - fixed
A much more serious one was that Bruce couldn't compile a program.
I finally duplicated it and it turns out that the most recent version of the parser that LarryS gave me for the 2.5 release has a problem.  So the ball is back in LarryS's court on that issue.

I modified everything so Bruce could temporarily continue to use the current release parser to continue with his beta testing.
That got him back in business but he mentioned a problem with opening a project when the path to it had changed.

A little digging revealed that I had never finished that section of the code and that there was a flaw in the coding I had completed.  It also reminded me that I had never addressed the Save Project As menu option; mainly because of the complexity I had put it off.
Now is the time for me to address all of that.
Things that are involved:
1)modifying the project file which contains the names of all source files(which may contain both relative and absolute path names) which have to be adjusted
2)modifying the path entries(hidden) in the Project List window
3)checking to see if any of the project source files are currently open, modify the path data(hidden), save any pending changes to the new location.
4) if it is a Save Project As effort then copy all the existing files to the new location(and making all the adjustments above), closing the existing project and opening the new project.
5) check to see if the resource file contains any absolute paths reflecting the old location and change to the new location
6) when copying files to new location, read resource file and try to also copy referenced resources that are in the old location or a sub folder of it to the same relative location in a new folder.
7) In all the above account for the fact that I may be starting with either an iwp or ebp type project.

Like I said, it may take me a while.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library