April 29, 2024, 05:44:45 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Compile Error

Started by pdelling, November 14, 2012, 11:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdelling

I received this message in compile build:

Compiling...
cr_open_fl.iwb
sr_return_path.iwb
sr_err_handler_v2.iwb
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\subroutines\source\sr_err_handler_v2.iwb (22) Warning: Unreferenced local variable: eh_rec$
compute_Rx_costs.iwb
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb (17) Warning: Unreferenced variable 'gap_std_perc'
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb (18) Warning: Unreferenced variable 'cat_gen_perc'
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb (19) Warning: Unreferenced variable 'gap_tier1_2_rate'
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb (20) Warning: Unreferenced variable 'gap_tier3_5_rate'
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb (43) Warning: Unreferenced variable 'no_drugs'
File: C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb (45) Warning: Unreferenced variable 'd_accum'
File: "C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\source\compute_Rx_costs.iwb" (186) panic: errors made it through from pass one
Error(s) in assembling C:\$Our_data\Basic\applications\accounting\projects\compute_Rx_costs.a
Build Failed

Any idea whats wrong
PD

LarryMc

Quote from: pdelling on November 14, 2012, 11:37:07 AM
Any idea whats wrong
PD
Nope.  Not without seeing the source code.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Sometimes I wonder if compilers are worth all the headaches they seem to generate ..  :)

As an interpreter, Creative never throws a list of problems like that at you - and the interpreter is just as fast in most applications.

If you have unreferenced variables, it keeps quiet about it - if you set up variables and don't use them, that's up to you.  Who knows, you might just be preparing to use them later.

CB doesn't have errors 'making it through' - if somethings wrong it's messages seem more helpful than 'panic'.

I'm working on some pretty complicated applications, and I can concentrate on the algorithm without being pestered by the compiler all the time.  Nice and smooth, with excellent debugging if needed.  ::)

I do like to turn autodefinition of variable types "off" though, and explicitly define variable types - that avoids making silly mistakes with the data processing.

Hope you find what's causing the 'panic' ..  ;D

all the best, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

LarryMc

Graham
It's a shame you don't like CREATIVE BASIC and can never find something nice to say about it. ;D ;D ;D
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Ooh .. I'm embarrassed ..  ;D

Best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..