April 23, 2024, 01:19:24 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Info Only Update 12-06-2012

Started by LarryMc, December 07, 2012, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

While working on the Menu Editor section of the Help file I discovered that the way I was handling the current file name in the caption bar was all wrong.  It's going to take a little bit of a rewrite.
The fix will appear in the next update of the download.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Discovered some issues with importing menus from .rc files and iwb files.

Some of the restrictions right now to import correctly are:
1).rc file - the menu has to be the 1st block of code  containing BEGIN/END statements in the rc file.
if there are dialogs  and such before the menu the editor will try to treat a dialog as a menu and it will not load the editor correctly

2).rc file - the ID for the menu can not contain the string MENU as in IDD_MENU1

3).iwb file - the menu loaded will be the first menu encountered in the file

Since the current editor wil handle 95% of the situations I think I'll just put necessary warnings and workarounds in help file right now and come back an readdress this as a later update after release.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library