March 28, 2024, 03:18:55 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Update 11-17-2012

Started by LarryMc, November 17, 2012, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Completed the Code Editor section of the Help file.
Fix a problem with the AutoTip feature and a few other odds and ends.
Updated Demo download.
Download Demo from here
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Larry,

Just created a dialog form in the new editor, and it appears that the constants SS_LEFT and
SS_SIMPLE don't work in the current IWB. There may be others, but they are only ones
it reported

I got round it easily enough by creating the CONSTS that I needed

Also, will it be possible to create a menu while designing a form, or will that always
be a separate item, ie, to be added on after creation?

Brian

LarryMc

There were actually 4 that the current IWBasic doesn't have - SS_LEFT, SS_CENTER, SS_RIGHT, SS_SIMPLE

I modified the Form Editor so that those constants will be defined if a STATIC control is used.
Fix will appear in next update.

No, I don't plan on having the Menu Editor nested inside the Form Editor which is already nested inside the IDE.
It gives me too many headaches. :D
The form properties dialog has a Menu checkbox.  
If you are going to have a menu in the form checking this box will allow for the space the menu will ultimately take up so that all your positioning will come out correctly.

UPDATE: There were actually 5 constants - the 5th was LEFTTEXT for Radiobuttons and Checkboxes
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Bill-Bo

November 18, 2012, 08:27:48 AM #3 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:31:09 AM by Bill-Bo
LarryMc,

Your download from the link at
the top of the page directs you
to a download that is dated
10/19/2012.

Kind of old for an update. ;D

Bill

LarryMc

where are you seing that date?
LarryMc

Bill-Bo

LarryMc,

When I click the llink 'Download Demo from here'
at the top of this page, it goes to
'Update 08-31-2012 - New Demo Link'.
I downloaded the file, and the file
in the zip is dated 10/19/2012.

The useguide from yesterday's link
is dated 11/17/2012.

What am I missing about updates?

Bill

LarryMc

Your missing my screw-up  ;D
For some reason my automated program I wrote to move all the files, compile the installer, and put the installer in a zip put an old installer in the zip.
I just reran and it did what it was suppose to do.
I have no idea why it did what it did before, it's a real simple program.
Anyway, you should see a new date there now.

Thanks for the catch and letting me know.
LarryMc

Bill-Bo

LarryMc,

Works okay, now. Ta-ta.

Hope I'll be able to afford the new
version when it comes out.

Thanks,

Bill

LarryMc

Quote from: Bill-Bo on November 18, 2012, 08:55:56 AM
LarryMc,

Works okay, now. Ta-ta.

Hope I'll be able to afford the new
version when it comes out.

Thanks,

Bill
I believe LarryS has said that the 2.x version of the new IDE (the one you are playing with) is going to be a free upgrade.
It is my understanding that the 3.x version (64 bit) will have a cost associated with it.
LarryMc

Doc

Hey LarryMc,

It's been awhile since I took the demo version for  a test spin...
...I can only say; very impressive, sir!

I particularly like the nice, clean and simple code that the form editor generates, along with the addition of the entire "tools" interface. I jump for joy at the addition of the "File Cleanup" tool, which has always been a pet peeve of mine, concerning previous versions. (I've traditionally built the majority of my projects right on the desktop, so cleaning up that mess was always bothersome after each compile.)

The whole thing, including the additional work on the help file looks good!

-Doc-

LarryMc

Thanks for the kind words Doc!
LarryMc

RitchieF

Hi Larry,

' Jump to Line ' works only with bookmarked lines, right ?

Clicking the + sign while the cursor is in a bookmarked line adds the linenumber again as often as I click the sign, no check if the line already exists.

Great work anyway ;D.

Thanks

Richard

LarryMc

Quote from: RitchieF on November 19, 2012, 01:10:01 AM
' Jump to Line ' works only with bookmarked lines, right ?
Correct

Quote from: RitchieF on November 19, 2012, 01:10:01 AM
Clicking the + sign while the cursor is in a bookmarked line adds the linenumber again as often as I click the sign, no check if the line already exists.
Fixed - no more duplicates while adding bookmarks

While working on that fix I discovered that I hadn't made the bookmark combobox auto adjust for the addition/deletion of lines occuring before a bookmarked line.
Now, if line 10 is bookmarked and you add five lines at line 3 (which makes the bookmarked line #15) the combobox will reflect that properly.

These changes will be in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!
LarryMc