April 25, 2024, 03:45:05 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 08-01-2012

Started by LarryMc, August 01, 2012, 09:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Reworked the PrintPreview.

Changed it from window based to dialog based.

Here's why.

The main IDE window is a MDI frame. Any windows that have it as a parent are restricted to the frames client area.
In order to allow the print preview window to be larger than the frame client area I had to create it without a parent.
If you minimize the IDE you wind up with 2 icons in the taskbar and you have to click both to get both the IDE and the PP to restore.

I learned from the rework I did on the output and project list windows that if I make it a dialog I can make it a child of the IDE and use it like a normal modal dialog using DOMODAL (on the the output and project list dialogs I use SHOWDIALOG because I didn't want them to be modal. They can loose focus and still stay open).

All I had to do was change where controls are created and where they are initialized.
Also I had to change some RECT and LINE commands to GROUPBOX controls since you can't use the RECT and LINE commands on a dialog.

And I changed the background color of the dialog using
SELECT @MESSAGE
case WM_CTLCOLORDLG
return CreateSolidBrush(RGB(255,255,255))

Everything fits together much nicer now.

Looking back, I probably went with a window because of the background color issue.

I also fixed an issue with entering a page number in the PP and displaying it by hitting ENTER instead of having to use the arrow buttons.

We live and learn.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library