April 28, 2024, 05:01:15 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Update 12-29-2011

Started by LarryMc, December 29, 2011, 10:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Finished the AUTOCOMPLETION feature.
It is disabled by default and is turned on/off via an option in the Code Editor Preferences dialog.
There are 3 different aspects to it internally:
1. When the user types the first two characters of a word a list will popup with all the keywords of that type that start with those characters.
   the user can scroll the list and pick a word and select it by double-chicking, pressing enter, or the TAB key.
   If the user dosen't want any of the displayed choices typing continues like the popup never appeared.
   However, the feature will popup a new list with matches for the additional characters. This accounts for all the built in commands, data types and integrated structures.
2. Works the same as above but the list doesn't appear until three characters are typed.
   The 1st character must be an '@'.  This accounts for all the predefined constants in the language
3. Works the same as #2 except the 1st character is a '$'. This accounts for all compiler directives.

The 1st 2 images show the first 3 characters I typed for a constant and the results for the one i picked.
The 2nd 2 images show the first 3 characters I typed for a directive and the results for the one I picked.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Doc

Good grief man... you're a regular one man show!

Although I haven't yet said anything, the new IDE is really looking great.

-Doc-