April 29, 2024, 12:23:57 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Update 12-22-2011

Started by LarryMc, December 22, 2011, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Today I finished all the code for the Save All menu option for files( the project header file isn't done yet).
So, I can now create new empty files or open existing files. If I click SAVE FILE and the editor was created as a new file it will take you to the SAVE AS dialog.  If it was an existing file it just saves it. 

Or the user can click on SAVE FILE AS on any open window and change the name and/or extension.

In other words, it works exactly like the existing IDE.

I did add some new menu options today (and created their images) to provide functionality that is not in the current IDE.

If the user selects FILE OPEN from the main menu a popup menu will appear that has three options:
Source File - which works just like the File Open menu in the current IDE works
Example File - instead of the user having to work their way through the directory tree of the dialog to find the common documents folder the dialog will always open to that specific folder (I got tired of all the clicking required to get to the examples.)
Template File - there will be a dedicated folder that this will always open the dialog up in.  The intent is to allow the user to save source files as a template for future use.  I intend to provide a console, a window and a dialog based skeleton as part of the initial installation.

I haven't written any of the code yet.  I would really like for the Example and Template installation locations to be user configurable and optional. ( I guess I'm headed in the direction of making it where a user can install it on a stick)

Remember, all of this is a WIP right now and anything is subject to change.

My intention is also, in the not to distant future, to start posting an alpha exe (no compiler-linking etc) so potential users can play with it and really see what I'm doing.

BTW, Didn't get anything yesterday bcause I spent the day with my wife @ the hospital.  She had a breathing test to check lung function and then a coronary arteriogram.  We found she has some lockage (accounts for her chest pains).  We also found out one of her kidneys has died.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library