April 19, 2024, 03:33:24 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

window docking problem

Started by LarryMc, November 26, 2011, 11:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I'm having a fit with a window docking problem and need some fresh eyes to look at it.

Attached is the program:compile and run as windows exe.
a small main window appears
click View/Project List in the main menu
a new window of equal size appears to the left and is docked

drag the main window and the other follows
resize the main from the top or the bottom and the other follows

try to drag the left window with the caption - nothing happens
try to resize it with the top and bottom edges- nothing happens
resize with it with the left edge - that is allowed
now, move the mouse slowly from the center of the main window just until the resize curser appears
drag the edge and the main window is resized and the left window stays abutted.

So, everything looks fine up to here.

Now, move the cursor slowly from the center of the docked window to the right until the resize cursor appears
drag that edge to the left - the docked window reduces its width but stays docked
now release the mouse button- the width stays the same but the docked with jumps to the left
(the left position corresponds to its original position)
now move the mouse over the docked windows right edge and press the button - the window jumps to where it is suppose to be.
release the mouse button and it jumps back out of place

That action continues until you either close and reopen the docked window or the main window is moved or resized.

If you right click in the docked a context menu will allow you yo move it to the right side.
The same sort of messed up action happens on that side also.

I have left the console open and a print statement that shows the coordinates of the docked window each time the
single docking routine is called.

Something so simple in concept but I can't see what is causing it nor do I know how to stop it.
I'd be happy the sizing disabled entirely for the top, bottom, and side touching the main window.

Any help would be appreciated.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

got it working but I'm still interested in anyones solution

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library