April 29, 2024, 10:43:45 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Hood Map

Started by Bruce Peaslee, March 17, 2006, 03:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Peaslee

March 17, 2006, 03:07:58 PM Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:47:05 AM by peaslee
Here is something I designed for my own use. It is hardly commercial quality, but it does show:

• How to read/write UDTs to a file
  • How to use HTML in a browser window
  • How to use scroll bars
  • How to get some interesting graphics simply

---

Edit: I added the necessary include files to the ZIP.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

Doc

Hey Bruce,

With me being a die -n- the wool (completely dedicated) "browser head", I have to say that this is by far the most interesting, if not unique use of an embedded browser that I've seen to date. Why didn't I think of that!  ::)

...well obviously I didn't, but you sure gave me a great idea anyway.  ;D

Thanks!

-Doc-

Haim

Could not build HoodMap.
Where do I find all those .inc files? (I have only the webbrowser.inc file) Can they be downloaded from somewhere?
Also instructions on building the project would be a great  help for me as I have worked with single file programs only.

Ionic Wind Support Team

The CWebBrowser class is posted in the Software projects forum, a few topics lower than this one ;)

That is where you get it.   Of course searching for it would have gotten you there too.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Haim

Thanks,
As I said,I did not miss the webbrowser.inc file but the other inc's in the HoodMap project (API.inc, AdditionalConstants.inc)
Search did not find them...

Bruce Peaslee

March 17, 2006, 10:32:01 PM #5 Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:19:33 AM by peaslee
Sorry, I missed that. I usually replace the include directive with the actual code, but I forgotÂÃ,  :P

Here are the relevant includes.

Edit: these files are now part of the ZIP file in the first post.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."

Bruce Peaslee

The scrolling was always jumpy and trying to compute what portion of the screen should be repainted was a nightmare. So I decided instead on the following: the painting is done on a bitmap that is stored in memory. Whatever portion of the screen should be seen at any one time - either the original screen, a resized screen, or a scrolled screen - is block transfered from the bitmap as needed. It is fast enough to smooth out the scrolling nicely.

It was a lot of work to figure all of this out. I may design a window class for the future.

Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."