April 18, 2024, 03:16:52 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

1. Introduction

Started by LarryMc, July 24, 2011, 01:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Introduction

So, here it is, 2011, and I have finished another big project.  I need another project to work on.  But this time things are a little different. I just spent 18 months on a project that generated little to no activity in the forums other than my postings of where I was at and how many lines of code I had generated.  I knew at the time that it was a rather poor attempt to let members (and visitors) know that the light was still on; someone was indeed around who was programming actively with the user base in mind.  But, since I absolutely refuse to pre-sale an unfinished product, there was nothing for members to "play" with to wet their appetites.

This time, I wanted a project that:
-Benefits the forum members
-Provides insight to how windows functions in an easy to understand manner.
-Allows for frequent updates of potentially useful information
-Allows for timely feedback from interested members
-Allows members to ask pertinent questions as the project progresses thus impacting its content
-Ultimately results in members creating their own custom controls and sharing

This time, the code and its generation is not the driving force of the project.  Instead,  providing an understanding of how things work is the primary concern; followed closely by explaining the process used.  The actual code is used to merely demonstrate how different portions are actually implemented.

I can offer no estimate of how often I will post updates.  Therefore I can't say when it will be finished.  My intent is to work on it on a daily basis.  But this is akin to writing a help manual and most members know how I feel about that.

LarryMc
"All I like is finishing..."
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library