March 28, 2024, 03:42:56 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

V2.x Download problems

Started by newuser, August 15, 2011, 05:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newuser

Quote from: Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) on August 11, 2011, 01:16:07 PM

Also I have not posted any updates because we have not completed anything to update.
I am working on the copy protection problem - I have eliminated it.

Larry

Does it mean from now onwards, whoever purchase IWBasic, would receive the unprotected version? ???

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

talun

Hi Larry, just a couple of questions:

- The download link for IWBasic don't works (address not found); it's normal?
- Is possible to know when the unprotected version will be available?

Thanks

Sergio

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Did you use the new customer interface?
It is the unprotected version.

talun

QuoteDid you use the new customer interface?
Larry, I'm sorry, but I don't know the new interface; I've the 2.0627 version of the compiler and I'm not able to download a more recent update (the link don't works).

Cheers

Sergio

billhsln

I have not received an E-Mail telling me where the new download is either.

Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

Barney

LarryMc

OK, here's what's going on.

LarryS posted a notice with instructions.
When I read it I discovered that he was telling everyone how to go about getting a free copy without paying or anything.

So, Iimmediately removed the post.
He's been out of pocket with his regular job plus grandkids starting college and such and he didn't realize I had done that.

In the meantime I discovered a flaw in it so he has to fix it and inform people how to use it other than apost in the forums like he had.

It really is a neat setup that I think everyone will love.

LarryMc

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

AdrianFox

Sorry if I misunderstand, but does this mean that all of us who have bought the program recently (or not so recently) will get an email or told how to download the unprotected copy?  ( I didn't see the original post.)
Adrian Fox

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

If you purchased IWB2 a record has been created in the database.
I still need to finish loading the old purchase records for other products.
Your email will be you login ID and initial password.
As soon as testing is over I will post a link to the page.

Larry

billhsln

Tried the link and password given in E-Mail.  I have even E-Mailed you (Larry S) twice.  Since E-Mail does not seem to work and you do reply to the Forum, I figured out I would pass along the info here.

I have tried the site 3 times with the user id/Password given and it is not working for me.

Thanks,
Bill

mrainey

I don't know if it's relevant here, but roughly a quarter of my customers are unable to login to protected areas of my website using the correct user name and password.  Problems only occur when using Internet Explorer - Firefox always works.

It drives me crazy.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

LarryMc

I just got back from a funeral.  I'll look into it and see if it still works for me.

LarryMc
LarryMc

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Your login issue has been fixed - you do know that I work days - right?
Sometimes it takes me 6 or 8 hours to check the forum.
I would ask that you understand this before posting that I do not respond.
You did also read that this is in BETA state - I ask that you give me a bit of
slack here.

Larry

billhsln

I am sorry if it seems that I am complaining.  I do understand that you work and I thought I was being patient.  My first E-Mail that I sent is dated 2011-08-22 at 5:27PM (CDT), the second was on 2011-08-23 at 9:11PM (CDT).  It could be that my E-Mails are not getting to you.  I use FireFox as my E-Mail client and sent them from my billhsln-@-att.-net (remove dashes) account.

By the way, the login worked fine and I was able to get the new copy of IWB.  Will the other products also be available this way?

Thanks,
Bill

LarryMc

Quote from: billhsln on August 24, 2011, 07:55:09 PM
By the way, the login worked fine and I was able to get the new copy of IWB.  Will the other products also be available this way?
Yes the intent is to eventually have it so that everything you have purchased will show up in the list when you log in so that you can redownload at any time without having to wait on us or hunting up your purchase receipt email to find the URL where to download.

I think it will be well liked.

LarryMc
LarryMc

ckoehn

Is 2.090 the latest version?  Larry S sent me a copy that wasn't copy protected and it worked fine.  I like to keep up with the latest version as long as I can install it, and use it.

Later,
Clint

Pip1957

How's the testing going, any light at the end of the tunnel yet?

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

All code is complete - just waiting for me to find time to get the past purchase data loaded.

Larry