April 25, 2024, 11:54:44 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

v2.090 problem

Started by billhsln, July 25, 2011, 05:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billhsln

July 25, 2011, 05:37:11 PM Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:41:11 PM by billhsln
It seems that the latest version has changed something major.  The Enter key no longer works in a Edit box.  I have not changed the code from this version to the prior and the listview no longer displays some of the info I write to it (numerics written by using LTRIM$(STR$(number))).  Which ever version was prior to 06/26/2011 worked as expected.

Will attach the code, but will need to mock up some fake data, since I am using real Names, Address's and Phone numbers.

Edit field is w1_EDIT00, that is not taking the enter key.  Line 310 is where I set it to allow it to use the Enter key.

Thanks,
Bill
When all else fails, get a bigger hammer.

LarryMc

Bill,
I inserted a messagebox at line 516
CASE w1_EDIT00
SELECT @NOTIFYCODE
CASE @ENSETFOCUS
CONTROLCMD w1,w1_EDIT00,@RTSETSELECTION,0,-1
CASE @ENENTERKEY
SName = GETCONTROLTEXT(w1,w1_EDIT00)
messagebox 0,"enterkey",""

and when I hit the enter key the message box appears.

look in your iwbdev/bin folder at your iwbparse.exe file; right click on it and select properties.
Mine shows 712,704 bytes.  See if you have the same.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

billhsln

I have it on 2 different computers (XP and Win 7 Pro).

C:\Program Files\iwbdev\bin\iwbparse.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\iwbdev\bin\iwbparse.exe

Neither seems to be the size you have.  However, both say I am using v2.090.

Thanks,
Bill

LarryMc

I justdownloaded the unprotected version(not available to everyone yet) and your program works for me with that version.
Sapero furnishes me with updates that no one else has at times for testing purposes.  So, I'm ahead of evryone else.

The 2.09 version is sort of misleading because there is more than one version of it.

If the enter key has you dead in the water right now I suggest you contact LarryS and see about getting a copy of the latest unprotected version.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RitchieF

QuoteIf the enter key has you dead in the water right now I suggest you contact LarryS and see about getting a copy of the latest unprotected version.

Tried to contact LarryS within the past 3 weeks. No Answers :(  No new unlock code  :( No reaction  :(

Why not telling us at least in the forum what's going on in this direction ??
Perhaps every two weeks or so a short statement  :)

Richard

LarryMc

Valid point Richard.
The last he recently told me was that he needed 4 un-interrupted hours to finish his new delivery system which should resolve all those issues once and for all.

I also know he has been extremely busy with his regular job and he has been out of town.

LarryMc
LarryMc

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

August 11, 2011, 01:16:07 PM #6 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:30:28 PM by LarryMc
Please make sure you PM me here before you complain.
I did not get any email or PM from you.

I respond to every email and PM I get.

Also I have not posted any updates because we have not completed anything to update.
I am working on the copy protection problem - I have eliminated it.

Also why would you (LarryMc edit- 'you' in general and not you specifically) keep downloading versions if you have a working version??????
If I do not post anything about a new version - I really do not intend for you to download it.

If you need a new download - let me know - I will point you to the latest stable version.
I think Sapero has all of the bugs and features taken care of and all will be available when I
complete the new delivery system.

Larry

billhsln

I did PM you and have been waiting patiently for you to get back to me.

Bill

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I am sorry I missed your PM - I did check all the mail boxes and did not find it.
I also discovered that I have missed stuff from other people - I think I had a mailbox full issue.

Just for my information - are you still having issues or have we resolved them all.

Again - I am sorry I missed your PM/email.

Larry

billhsln

It seems that v2.094 has the problem fixed.

Thanks,
Bill