April 26, 2024, 05:31:33 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Access violation

Started by TexasPete, May 28, 2011, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

I started having this problem recently and I am not sure why. This is a program I wrote to work with my xhtml program. It had been working fine for three years.
I am on windows 7 . I am getting an error  in the debug but it is not pointing to a line. It says
"First chance exception 0x20746168 access Violation." . It may be windows securty system I don't know. Any one know How to rectify this.

Thanks
Texas Pete

sapero

Ignore it. If you see only First Chance, that means the exception was expected and handled.
If you call FILEREQUEST, there is also an exception.

Exceptions are not always bugs. If you have a complex loop, and somewhere inside the loop your code detects an error, it is much simpler to generate an exception instead writing extra code (if error then return) to quit from the loop. Such exception is your friend, saves a lot of work and keeps your executable small.

TexasPete

Sapero, Thanks alot for the reply. Unfortunately, It is keeping the program from running properly. I may have figured it out while I was sleeping. I will look into that and then get back to the forum.

Thanks
Texas Pete

TexasPete

Sapero, I checked out my code. It is getting an error code15904.

Is there a list of error codes that might give me a hint!

Thanks Texas Pete

sapero

The common errors are defined in winerror.inc and ntstatus.inc.
I could not find 15904 and its hex version 3E20 in the whole include tree, that means 15904 must be a custom error code.

TexasPete

Sapero, That is interesting . I personally never made such an error message. I wonder where it came from.
Thanks
Texas Pete