March 29, 2024, 06:43:29 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Matches - game

Started by neuronhlam, April 21, 2011, 03:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neuronhlam

Hi everybody

I create small simple logic game in EBasic 1.737 called Matches. It is possible to say the game is in beta state. The game controls with the mouse. The principle is about remove matches, there is 23 matches at the begining.... everything important is in "Instructions" in the game.
I hope my english is understandable.
Any feedback welcome. (mostly about the difficult to win or lose , english in the game,gfx,sfx and so on)
The game can be download here: http://www.uschovna.cz/zasilka/EB36B8TGZ6VY84RV
Stahnout means download

Thanx for the feedback

P.S.: Thanx you for if anybody send me file "stats.dat" which game create.

Brian

Hi,

I downloaded your file, extracted it, ran it throough Sophos anti-virus, and it checked
out OK. But when run, it can't find the bass.dll file

I was a bit wary about this program. It was your first-ever post, it was 2.5mb in size,
there was no source code, and you were asking about sending information back to you

Sorry to be suspicous, but you can't be too careful these days . . .

Thanks for your efforts, but it won't run as it stands

Brian

neuronhlam

Hi

thanx for feedback....it is weird cos I tested on three other computers with different OS (XP,Vista and 7) and it works...
I just want to test gameplay and whether it is too easy or hard to win. The source code is very blind now so later I putwith source code....

aurelCB

I try and work but how is posibile that exe is so big?
Probably you compress graphics inside -right?

Brian

Downloaded and run OK at home - Win XP. Had Vista Business at work, probably didn't
like the DLL in the Matches folder

On first looks, very impressive, but the CPU still beat me, even on the Easy mode!

Well done,

Brian

Brian

OK, played carefully, twice - Hard level, Myself to go first

Both times I definitely won - 13 matches to 10

Program says I lose! A little scoring issue here, methinks! Couldn't see any difficulty
difference between Easy and Hard

Brian

whitenite1

Brian..
  Were you taking the last match? The object of the game is to force your opponent take the last one. I lost all the games I played on medium, but won the one game I played on easy. The game doesn't plan as far ahead on easy, so it is a bit easier to be able to win. Very good game.

whitenite1

Brian

Hah! No wonder I was beating it! I should have read the instructions
more carefully. I'll have another go

Brian

neuronhlam

Hi

thanks all for feedbacks...I am little bit suprised for mostly positive feedback :) now I work on improvements (gfx and system of menu and other enhacements) and then I put the final game with source code....
I want ask if somebody can advise me bout write better and simple instruction and object of the game (I am not english native speaker) so I would be very grateful for advices bout english correct grammar language in the game.

Any improve ideas welcome.

thanx
Ivo