March 29, 2024, 07:08:20 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Weird discovery

Started by LarryMc, November 21, 2010, 07:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

November 21, 2010, 07:31:40 PM Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:45:37 PM by Larry McCaughn
I know noone will ever do this and it happened to me was a result of sloppy 'cut-n-oastn'

If you create a control with @button and a style flag of 2 (which is for a radiobutton)
you still get the button you expect; a regular old button.

If you create a control with @sysbutton and a style flag of 2
you no longer get a button
you get a radiobutton that, when you click it, acts just like the button you expected.
(and it is @sysbuttons that you can't change the color of with setcontrolcolor)

UPDATE: just discovered that if you use @sysbutton and a style flag of B you get a button that works but you can't see it.

All this was done in a dialog.  Don't know if it would be any different in a window.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

WayneA

The @button control is a either a subclass of the @sysbutton or a new control. It doesn't emulate several features of the real windows button (@sysbutton).
99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug,
Compile again,
104 little bugs in the code...

All code I post is in the public domain.

LarryMc

Quote from: WayneA on November 21, 2010, 08:01:34 PM
The @button control is a either a subclass of the @sysbutton or a new control. It doesn't emulate several features of the real windows button (@sysbutton).
I know, I've got the source code. ;)

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library