April 19, 2024, 08:09:39 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Another error message

Started by TexasPete, November 11, 2010, 08:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

November 11, 2010, 08:06:25 AM Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:03:41 PM by TexasPete
Trying to start another program from withing my program using "System" command. The error message was "Can't Start program because Devil.dll is missing.
This may be because the version that I am using currently was for Windows XP and I am currently running windows 7.
Wonder if paul used devil.dll to load bitmaps ect

Texas pete

LarryMc

My guess is the program that you are trying to eun with the system command needs devil.dll in order to run.
It would have to be either in the folder that contains the program you are trying to run or in the system32 folder.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

TexasPete

The reason that I posted larry was that I am not using that dll in my program. Did Paul use that program to read the BMP ect. ? If so I thought he would have tied into the os instead. I thought this to unsual because I have never recieved the error message before.

Thanks
Texas Pete

LarryMc

QuoteTrying to start another program from withing my program
Okay, you say you are not using it in your program.
What is the other program you are trying to run?

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brian

Hi,

DevIL.dll is part of a cross-platform image library that is obtained from Sourceforge:
http://openil.sourceforge.net/download.php

Brian

aurelCB

Pete ...
If you try run another program which require Devil.dll for work and there is no this dll ,it is normaly that you recive error message.
So this dll or any other dont have nothing with command 'system' is'nt?
Bitmaps are nativly open by windows .

TexasPete

Larry thanks for reminding me . The jpeg optimizer which I am calling needs the dll. I wrote that code two years ago. I have not needed to change it sense.
Thanks
Texas Pete