March 28, 2024, 07:25:19 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Reg Codes

Started by tide, November 08, 2010, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tide

Is there any chance that I can get a valid registration code for Creative BASIC? I was provided with an on-screen generic registration code when I made my contribution and it doesn't work. A letter to Larry evoked no response.

Thanks.

LarryMc

what exactly does "...and it doesn't work" entail?

Did you download version 1.01 or ver 1.15?

Did you type or paste the username and key? (Sometimes pasting you can pickup an extra character on the end.)

Did you enter the username exactly observing caps?

LarryS is still heavily involved in the migration effort with his regular job.  That makes him slow to respond sometimes.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

tide

Thanks for your reply, LarryMc.

"it doesn't work" entails "You have 12 trial days remaining."

The version would be 1.153.

I pasted the "generic license code" and there was no user name provided so I used my real name. I haven't received any letter or other correspondence with a reg code or user name.

I actually have a "paid subscription" also but I donated just to help the project along in my own small way. I recently bought a new computer and thought I'd go for the latest version of CB. Unfortunately, my key for the paid subscription doesn't work with v.1.153 either.

LarryMc

I don't have access to the specific info for the version you have but:

I almost positive that Larry is using the same key gen software for both versions.

The freeware version has this:
To activate the software use this key:
Community Edition
C1E2-49A4-BF30-0D63-8960-C9BE-FC95-8275

which means you have to use Community Edition as the user name and that specific key.

keys are generated based upon a name so;
I know for a fact you can't just arbitrarily type in any user name.

since you quoted me "generic license code" I'm guessing that is the user name you use the the supplied key.

worth a try until he gets time to respond.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

tide

FWIW, that does not work either.

aurelCB

Comunity key work on comunity edition that's for sure...
Maby is something wwrong with your registry ,i have once situation like this.

GWS

Tide, make sure you go through the Add/Remove programs procedure to remove any version you've previously installed before trying a re-install.

If you re still stuck, try this version ..

http://www.codingmonkeys.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item253

which is the free Version 1.0 that I use - no user key is required.

Alternatively, if you are afflicted with Vista or Win 7  ::) .. there is this Version 1.01

available in two places ..

http://www.codingmonkeys.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item247

or on this site ..

http://ebasic-aurora.com/cbasic.html

The user key is as Larry previously stated ..

If you try 1.01 or later version, I would recommend that you specify a non-default (Windows fussy) directory to install to, and make sure the examples folder is copied into that - otherwise, you probably won't find the examples - a bit of a pain, which is why I still use Version 1.0.

all the best, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

tide

Thanks, Graham and Larry.

This was a fresh install on a new computer so there wouldn't have been any registry issues.

With regard to installing an older version, that kind of misses the point. I made a contribution for the latest and greatest edition of the program and the owner won't even provide me with a valid registration code. I've been supporting IW products for years but this is getting a little shoddy and will make me somewhat reluctant to continue my support. :(

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

November 12, 2010, 03:15:01 PM #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:19:27 PM by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)
What! I am really offended by your post.
I have responded to your emails and
I sent you the latest Cbasic and the access code?

Larry

tide

Larry (S),

It was not my intention to offend you or anyone else. And I assure you that I had not received any emails from you - prior to today. When I wrote my previous posting in this forum I had not seen the PM you sent this morning.

I am happy now and will continue to support IW. Thanks!  :) :)