April 30, 2024, 02:16:41 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

cb crashes

Started by TexasPete, April 09, 2010, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

I have and interesting problem and I am hoping someone else has already run into it.
I have created several windows on the screen. Once the program is us I move the cursor to another window and CB crashes. Yes , I have handler routines for each window.
The window that I move to when it crashes is a child window. Below is the creation of the windows code.
I hope that someone might have a suggestion as to why it crashes. I haven't even hit a button. All I am doing is moving the cursor.

Window wMain1,0,0,MainWidth,MainHeight,Mainstyle,0,"CB -Chicken Little by Philip Hughes Copywrite 09---",main1
'-------------SET THE  WINDOW FONT
SETFONT wMain1, "Ariel", 12, 700, @SFITALIC
'CColor$="124,240,220"
red=124:green=240:blue=220
CColor$= str$(red)+","+str$(green)+","+str$(blue)
SETWINDOWCOLOR wMain1,RGB (red,green,blue)
'SETWINDOWCOLOR wMain1,RGB(CColor$)
'---------------------------------------------Main Window - parent----------Set Color and Fonts Here!
ScreenWidth=ScreenWidth-200:ScreenHeight=ScreenHeight-202
'----------Second -Main editing window----NoT used-------------------------------
Window win1,26,140,ScreenWidth,ScreenHeight-35,wstyle1,wMain1,"Main Scrolling Window",window1
if win1 >0  then MESSAGEBOX win1, "MADE IT","Created window 1!"
' ---------------------sets the back Screen color of the scroll window
Window win2,0,0,MainWidth,MainHeight,wstyle2,win1,"Child Window ",window2:SETWINDOWCOLOR win2,rgb(150,200,140)
if win2 >0  then MESSAGEBOX win2, "MADE IT","Created window 1!"

'SETWINDOWCOLOR win1,rgb(254,240,197)
'-----------------------------MainWidth=ScreenWidth:MainHeight=ScreenHeight
'----Second window child ----This is the window all text and graphics are written to-------
Window win3,0,187,30,ScreenHeight-35,wstyle2,0,"Child Window ",window3:SETWINDOWCOLOR win3,rgb(255,255,255)
'---------------------LeftSide Window-----------Graphic-----Numbers
' ------------Across the top Graphic Window-----or Horizontal graphics number---------------------
Window win4,29,162,1400,26,wstyle2,0,"Child Window ",window4:SETWINDOWCOLOR win4,rgb(255,255,255)
'-------------Little box window --------------
Window win5,0,162,31,27,wstyle2,0,"Child Window ",window5:SETWINDOWCOLOR win5,rgb(255,255,255)

Thanks

Texas Pete

LarryMc

Pete
I moved your question from the EB board to the CB board since your question was about CB.

Based upon the information you supplied my guess for the cause of your problem is that
there is an un-initialized pointer on line 347. ;)

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

TexasPete

Larry , I am sorry , I didn't mean to post in the wrong section of the board.

An un intialized pointer. I will start looking right away.
Thanks
Texas Pete