April 25, 2024, 05:25:27 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Keeping a Dialog in the foreground

Started by AdrianFox, March 12, 2010, 05:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianFox

March 12, 2010, 05:45:10 AM Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:35:10 AM by AdrianFox
SOLUTION:  ;D
Modified the program to a Window not a dialog and it now works perfectly.  So you CAN'T use @TOPMOST with a dialog.

A few weeks ago Andy asked about keeping a Window as the foreground window when multi-tasking.

Should the @topmost flag work with a Dialog?

I've a little program with foreign characters which I want to keep in the foreground when using Word or another word processing program, but even with the @topmost flag it disappears when change my focus to Word in order to type etc.

If I change my Dialog to a Window, will that make a difference? :-\
Adrian Fox

LarryMc

I don't know about a dialog because I never tried it, but I would think it would.

But I've got a memory monitor someone on the forums wrote usiing a window and @topmost and it stays on top.

Also, in the Visual designer I'm working on, the properties window stays on top using @topmost.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

AdrianFox

Thanks.  I'll change my Dialog to a Window and see if it does make a difference. 
Adrian Fox