April 29, 2024, 06:52:48 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Hacker

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), February 22, 2011, 09:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

We are actively being hacked today.
I have my ISP tracing the hacker - they almost have him nailed.

Will keep you posted.

Larry

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Additional information.
If you use Coding Monkeys - they have been hacked and someone got usernames and passwords.
They are trying those usernames and passwords here on this site.
To be safe - you should reset your password.

Larry

Doc

Steven Picard

Wow! I didn't realize our login information was compromised on CodingMonkeys.  I thought someone was just attempting to get that information but was not yet successful.  Cameron needs to notify all members as soon as possible.

WayneA

Seems like an odd target to go after fairly small programming forums.
99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug,
Compile again,
104 little bugs in the code...

All code I post is in the public domain.

LarryMc

Quote from: WayneA on February 22, 2011, 03:16:50 PM
Seems like an odd target to go after fairly small programming forums.
Unless it is someone who has a bone to pick because there are a lot of common members between the two sites.

As we speak the hack attempts are continuing.
They are steadily trying user names with incorrect passwords.
And I can tell when it is not the regular user.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Steven Picard

Larry, this is very disturbing.  I really hope you guys find out who it is (and even press charges if possible.)

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

I have rebuilt everything - lost 4 users I think.
Should be up and working - Have my ISP monitoring in case hacker returns.

Larry

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Awesome job!
Very effecient at nailing this and getting back up and running.

LarryMc

February 23, 2011, 04:32:43 PM #9 Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:52:24 PM by LarryMc
There are still some issues that need to be resolved; like avatars(no bother to and try to change yours) and attachments.
Hopefully those issues will all be resolved in the next say or two.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

pistol350

Fortunately we have not lost any data and all recent posts are still here.
Regards,

Peter B.

LarryMc

You're right.  After the last hack, where we lost so much, LarryS has been diligent in making backups.  If I understood him correctly the hacker couldn't get to the data files; only the smf stuff that manipulates it.  And based on that he made another backup of the data before he shutdown the site yesterday.

LarryMc
LarryMc

aurelCB

Unfortunatly it seems that SMF have many enemies.
Just look into last post on basic.mindteq site under Emergence Basic.
This guy looks heappy becose SMF forum is hacked...

Steven Picard

Does the hacker appear to be coming from the US?  I really hope this guy gets busted.

LarryMc

Quote from: Steven Picard on February 24, 2011, 09:51:14 AM
Does the hacker appear to be coming from the US?  I really hope this guy gets busted.
Yes!

LarryMc
LarryMc

659_minifly

I can't change my password tel me is incorrect ????

WayneA

Will we get to find out who did it? I'm wondering who has a grudge against anyone here or over at coding monkeys.
99 little bugs in the code,
99 bugs in the code,
Fix one bug,
Compile again,
104 little bugs in the code...

All code I post is in the public domain.

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Not sure - I turned it over to my ISP security.
They are following up.
I have a suspect but without hard proof I do not want to
comment - I could be wrong with people having the ability
to spoof IP's.

Larry

Blue Steel

NO CM has not been hacked..

SOMEONE is trying to hack it. they are going through tor proxie servers, I'm banning the IP's as they are trying. I am staying on top of things.

IF you do get banned over on CM and you think it was a mistake it could well be, I'm using a report thats flagging incorrect passwords, then trying to check those ip's with ligitimate members, if they aren't legit they get banned. but sometimes mistakes can happen and you could get accidentally banned. IF you are one of these people then please contact me here (PM) or email me at monkey1@codingmonkeys.com

I say again Coding monkeys has not been hacked
  http://www.codingmonkeys.com
Covers many languages including Aurora , IWBasicEbasic (Ebasic, IBasic) , Creative Basic