April 29, 2024, 10:08:11 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Eliminating Donation ware

Started by Rock Ridge Farm (Larry), December 08, 2010, 01:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Over the next few days I will be eliminating the donation ware option from all pages/products.
There will be a fixed price for each product.

Reason:
In the last month I have had 3 people donate a buck for CB or EB and then download the product only to turn around and
request a re-fund from Paypal the next day.
This ends up costing IW due to the fees on the donation and the chargeback fee.

It is sad that there are people like that in the world.

Larry

Doc

QuoteIn the last month I have had 3 people donate a buck for CB or EB and then download the product only to turn around and request a re-fund from Paypal the next day.

I feel your pain, Larry.
I once had an inexpensive shareware product that I sold for a couple of years that actually provided me with some decent income... In 2003, I finally got so fed up with the hassles involved, I just pulled it off the market completely for very similar reasons as you have stated. I haven't released another shareware product since then. (subject to change at any time)

For the cost -vs- value of what people get in return, there shouldn't be any stinking donation-ware around here anyway, IMO.

QuoteIt is sad that there are people like that in the world.

Yes it is, for sure.

-Doc-

GWS

That's just high-tech theft ..  :(

Shocking - yet somehow, in this sick World, it does not surprise me.

all the best, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

Brian

Hi,

I bought CB a few weeks ago for a paltry amount, merely to help a fellow member
with his program. I don't use it at all, I merely bought it to help out

So far, I haven't received a download location or code from Larry, and I certainly
haven't downloaded it OR cancelled my payment. If I don't get it, no worries

Just putting the record straight...

Brian

Haim

Hi,
I had something similar happen to me with Aurora. I donated but I did not get the download link. (I do not need it, as I have my fully paid for version) I donated just to show my support for the site.
Since I already have Aurora I did not bother with it.
Haim

LarryMc

I suggest that both of you send LarryS a PM or an email or both.

LarryMc
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Sent you both the download links.
Let me know if there are any issues.

Larry

Copex

Quote from: Rock Ridge Farm (Larry) on December 08, 2010, 01:48:10 PM

In the last month I have had 3 people donate a buck for CB or EB and then download the product only to turn around and
request a re-fund from Paypal the next day.
This ends up costing IW due to the fees on the donation and the chargeback fee.

my advise is dont use paypal, even if they pay a set price they can still do the same. two options

1, provide a 60 day licence then renew it for a full licence if they dont cancel
2, find a different payment method. i.e http://bit.ly/fqb6lc
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/