April 19, 2024, 03:09:01 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Bobble

Started by GWS, February 25, 2010, 07:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GWS

February 25, 2010, 07:25:25 AM Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:59:05 AM by GWS
Hi Folks,

Here's an oldie I found from 2004.  I've no idea who wrote it, but it looks and plays nicely ..  :)

It was nearly a lost cause, 'cos it wouldn't compile - so apologies to the author, but I changed things slightly to get it to go ..

best wishes, :)

Graham
Tomorrow may be too late ..

REDEBOLT

February 25, 2010, 10:19:30 AM #1 Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:22:03 AM by REDEBOLT
Graham,

After downloading the bobble.zip, I was unable to extract the files.
I used Winzip and 7-zip.  The downloaded size was 139 kb.
Regards,
Bob

GWS

Hi Bob,

Sorry about that .. I hadn't zipped it properly.

Hopefully it should work now ..  ;D

Graham

ZeroDog

I would love to know who wrote this.  They did a really nice job.  A Neo-Geo classic =)

GWS

Hi ZD,

It very nearly slipped through my net ..  :)
I found it on an old backup CD from 2004'ish among some packed directories, with no clues where it came from.

It was just the name 'bobble' that caught my attention, so I tried it out.  It was an ibpro contribution, and had a few problems in EB.

I'm glad I persisted though - it's a little gem ..  ;D

Hopefully the author will see it, and take a bow ..  :)

If not, there's a lot of interesting code to learn from in there ..

all the best, :)

Graham

pistol350

It reminds me an old arcade game i used to enjoy playing.
A few years ago I started a project to create that same game but i never finished it.
Congratulations to the one that coded it.

Regards,

Peter B.

barry

I don't get it.  I played it a little and lost a couple times, or at least I think I lost.  It said "game over".  I have no idea why.  A couple of times it said "Level completed".  Again, I have no idea why.

It seems that if you stick 3 of the same color together they get removed.  That's about all I was able to figure out.  I never got why they'd sometimes shake and sometimes drop lower along with the bar above them.  I never figured out why I lost, if I did lose.

Can someone please explain?  And maybe include an explanation in the Zip file?

Thanks,
Barry

ZeroDog

The object of the game is to clear all the balls at the top for every level.  If any ball crosses the red line near the bottom by the arrow, the game is over.  You can remove the balls at the top by matching the same color balls together.  You need at least 3 matching colors to remove the balls,  so you have to hit a ball of the same color that is touching at least 1 other ball of the same color.  When you make a match, the balls of the same color are released, as well as any balls that are below the balls you just released.

Techno

Quote from: GWS on February 25, 2010, 07:25:25 AM
Hi Folks,

Here's an oldie I found from 2004.  I've no idea who wrote it, but it looks and plays nicely ..  :)

It was nearly a lost cause, 'cos it wouldn't compile - so apologies to the author, but I changed things slightly to get it to go ..

Graham

Hi,

Can you put the source of the game Bobble and the exe file

Bill-Bo

I tried to repaired but it still had bad files.

Bill

GWS

June 02, 2015, 07:12:23 PM #10 Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:21:22 PM by GWS
Hi,

This one seems determined to get lost ..

I've had to search lots of backup CD's to find it again.

Here it is .. arrow keys move the pointer - space bar fires ..

Best wishes,

Graham

Edit:  I've also had a lot of difficulty uploading this file. If I had any smilies in the text, it would not upload.
I'm beginning to suspect the last SMF update  - I already cannot do any previews (in XP) so I'm uploading comments blind - I have to correct any errors once the post is uploaded. ::)

Techno

Quote from: GWS on June 02, 2015, 07:12:23 PM
Hi,

This one seems determined to get lost ..

I've had to search lots of backup CD's to find it again.

Here it is .. arrow keys move the pointer - space bar fires ..

Best wishes,

Graham

Graham

How do I make the game 4 in a row ?. How can you get started?

Kind regards
techno

Edit:  I've also had a lot of difficulty uploading this file. If I had any smilies in the text, it would not upload.
I'm beginning to suspect the last SMF update  - I already cannot do any previews (in XP) so I'm uploading comments blind - I have to correct any errors once the post is uploaded. ::)

h3kt0r

Hi,
can't extract the ZIP archive : CRC error said powerarchiver. Please someone, re-upload this on googledrive or somewhere else, so corrupted ZIP won't happens anymore ?

LarryMc

We lost a bunch of attachments back when we were dealing with a hacker.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

GWS

Hi,

I uploaded a new zip the other day .. here :

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php?topic=3944.0

Best wishes, :)

Graham

h3kt0r

Thank you very much, this one is a real shiny gem !