April 28, 2024, 08:28:14 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

How To Add an Icon to a Button and maybe a balloon tip

Started by Andy, November 18, 2009, 03:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help ?

I want to add one icon (bmp, or jpg etc) to a button eg. BUTTON_1.

I have seen the example that's included with Ebasic but the bitmap icons are all together as one file and loaded in turn as an array - I don't want to do that, just something simple as above.

Not necessary but as an extra, does anyone know how I can show a balloon tip when you point to the button ?
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

mrainey

Have a look at the user guide under General Programming > Using Resources.  Then, search the Emergence forum for "@CTLBTNBITMAP" and "tooltip" and I think you'll find some examples.
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Andy

Thanks very much for replying, have done a search but have only found how to make a button show a bitmap but not both bitmap and some text as well - I will keep looking but maybe it's not possible ?

Thanks again,
Andy.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

mrainey

Maybe the example program "rgn_button_test.eba" that comes with EB will give you some ideas for combining a bitmap with text on a button.

Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

Andy

Great, thanks for that - it looks at first sight as two buttons sharing the same location.
Will give it a go and let everyone know if I think it's suitable

Thanks again,
Andy.

LarryMc

Andy,

another possibility is to purchase the Custom Button Library and Designer.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library