March 28, 2024, 07:14:52 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Pong!

Started by yujinwunz, September 26, 2009, 01:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yujinwunz

September 26, 2009, 01:06:23 AM Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:17:23 AM by yujinwunz
SPAZ Pong! The sweetest game of pong you'll play. In quite a while.

This took me and my friend our saturday.

Attached is a zip folder with an .exe, source and all sprites.
It's not finished yet, but it is definitely good enough to have fun with.

Enjoy!

Edit:

You must set the stack commit size to over 480KB if you want to compile it. Feel free to edit this, as long as you include the two names and emails somewhere in the game.

aurelCB

Finaly someone make a game, simple but work... ;D

Barney

Cute!  ;D

Thanks for sharing, yujinwunz.

Barney

ZeroDog

the source and the binary do not match up.  seems like the source you included was from a previous version than the binary that you included.

thx for sharing

yujinwunz

Oh, you're right. fixin it now.

yujinwunz

just to let ppl know the source is now upated yesterday. just make sure you set the stack commit size to 500kb ;).

ZeroDog

SPRITEDRAWMODE(ball,@TRANSROTOZOOM)
SPRITEDRAWMODE(paddle1,@TRANS)
SPRITEDRAWMODE(paddle2,@TRANS)
SPRITEDRAWMODE(paddle1b,@TRANS)
SPRITEDRAWMODE(paddle2b,@TRANS)
SPRITEDRAWMODE(paddle1o,@TRANS)
SPRITEDRAWMODE(paddle2o,@TRANS)

Since you are not changing the drawing mode of the sprites more than once, you shouldnt need to have these in a loop.  You should be able to put these lines right after you load the sprites. 

Copex

the program fails when you select one player on vista x64 as the game starts :-(
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

yujinwunz

The program requires a rather splended amount of memory for playing back replays. So, if the pong that you compiled didn't work, try "make executable">"advanced"> then set "stack commit size" to a number greater than 500,000, then click ok. it should work.

Copex

September 30, 2009, 09:07:44 AM #9 Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 09:12:43 AM by Copex
Quote from: yujinwunz on September 30, 2009, 01:15:00 AM
The program requires a rather splended amount of memory for playing back replays. So, if the pong that you compiled didn't work, try "make executable">"advanced"> then set "stack commit size" to a number greater than 500,000, then click ok. it should work.

i did :-) before i posted :-) :-) as it was stated in the first post :-? i get the same result from the pre compiled exe
-
I really should learn how to use a spell checker! though im not sure how it will help someone who can not spell?
-
Except where otherwise noted, content Posted By Copex is
licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/