April 30, 2024, 01:39:00 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

window as dialog input

Started by TexasPete, August 25, 2009, 05:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

In Ln I found the following stylbits command "WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP"  this command would cause a window to act as a dialog would. It would only allow input to the window that was open. Maybe every body already knows this. If I were going to write it in CB would it be "@WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP"? Would I need to define it as a constant.

Thanks
Texas Pete

LarryMc

I don't know if it is predefined in CB or not.
Try it with the @.  If that doesn't work then define it as a constant.

And WS_EX_CONTEXTHELP is a constant and not a command.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

ZeroDog

you will have to set it as a constant, as it is not pre-defined.  Also, you cannot use it in the window creation function, you will have to apply it to the window after the window is created using the SetWindowLong API function using the GWL_EXSTYLE flag.   This flag is used to append the little "?" to the top right of the window, which is used to supply context help for controls on the window.  I was toying around with this a short while ago, but I was having problems getting it to respond to the messages.  I'll toy around with again when I get home and see what I can come up with.

TexasPete

Thanks ZERODOG and Larry,
I will have to look up what it is supposed to be defined to.

Texas Pete