April 30, 2024, 06:32:16 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Heap Stack Underflow

Started by LarryMc, March 05, 2009, 01:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

Part of my program quit working.
Ran in debug and get the heap stack underflow error right after it loaded the riched20.dll.

Any idea what causes it and how I can get rid of it?

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

Not without seeing the code.  That is a very obscure error that can only happen if more heap objects are freed then were allocated.  In fact it is so obscure that your the first person to ever run into it.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Rock Ridge Farm (Larry)

Congratulations - not everyone can find a new way to break things.

LarryMc

Quote from: Paul Turley on March 05, 2009, 02:40:20 PM
In fact it is so obscure that your the first person to ever run into it.

I guess that makes me a pioneer. ;)  But I guess there is a big difference between being famous and being notorious. ;D

I don't want to put you through looking at 29 source files and over 6,000 lines of code(not counting include files).

The area I'll look in is where I've used NEW and then deleted them a bunch of times.

Thanks

Larry
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

Everything came back after I deleted the link, .a,.o,.map files AND restarted EBasic and then rebuilt.

Larry
LarryMc

Ionic Wind Support Team

Good.  Sometimes Windows can maintain a file lock on a .o file, and data never gets flushed.  Told you it was an obscure error ;)
Ionic Wind Support Team