April 25, 2024, 06:12:08 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Missing Post

Started by EvangelMike, March 05, 2009, 12:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvangelMike

Greetings! I thought I had posted a suggestion re the User's Guide last night, but I do not see the post there today. I think I probably failed to click submit. If, for any reason, this is a duplicate post, please forgive me--but I felt it was an important post especially for rank newbies to Basic like me.

The post was as follows:

"Greetings! I searched for the number 25 in the User's Guide, and found 6 matches. Unfortunately none of the six refer to the number of parameters in a subroutine. It would be useful if the Emergence Basic Compiler kept a count of the number of parameters it is finding in the subroutine declaration and display an error message when it finds more than 25. Likewise a count should be kept of the number of characters found, and an error message displayed if the number found is excessive. The RETURN warning is not meaningful enough (to me, anyway) to indicate that there is a parameter problem. Hopefully this info can be included in the next update of the User's Guide and the compiler. Thanks! May you have a blessed day. "

Sincerely,

Michael D Fitzpatrick