March 29, 2024, 06:50:51 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Very simple Help file maker

Started by TexasPete, February 15, 2009, 08:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasPete

I was just wondering if any one has seen a really simple helpfile maker writtne in cb. I am at the point I need to put one together. I would like to just use my word processor and save the files to Html. Any suggestions of ideas.
Thanks
Texas Pete

aurelCB

Are you trying to make Chicken Little in CB?

TexasPete

Aurel,
I am considering moving chicken little to cb. I am beginning to think that moving the program to cb would be easier for me while I make my transition to eb. I am aware of the Ib converter program to help move it to eb at a later date. Writing the file manipulation program that I was writing took me about two weeks. I need to find a way to cut the conversion time down to about a month or two. Right now I am exploring the programs to try and grasp the change in concepts and get the rules more firmly fixed in my head. I have found that my program must be eventually moved because of speed issues. Carl at Lb is rewriting lb4 to lb5 and it will
be similar in speed to cb at that point in time.  He has been working on it already for at least two years and by the time he gets it done. I probably could finish the conversion and then still have the added advantage of a compile that can take to code to a smaller footprint and be several hundred times faster. Have you seen my small little program. It can be found at chickentraks.com . Nothing fancy, but I believe when I am done with it that a lot of people will like it for it's simplicity.
Texas Pete

aurelCB

Of course I know for ChickenLittle.
I download it last month and try.
Not bad.
Just think that the version written in Creative Basic looked a lot professionally.
I would be acquitted of all these dll and SLL-ins.In one word much compact.
This is just my suggestion.