April 25, 2024, 12:39:05 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Screen Display problems: 'corruption' when switching between windows

Started by AdrianFox, January 14, 2009, 05:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianFox

???  This isn't a problem, as I've found ways to fix it, but I'm just intrigued to know just what's going on here.

I've created a program with several windows (more to come), each created with its code in a separate module.  Each window has at least one bitmap button and the odd edit box, static text etc.

All works ok except when returning to the main module window, the 'remnants' of the previous screen displays (bitmap buttons, edit box etc) remain near the top of the screen.

The bitmap button problem is overcome by reinitialising the 'getstartpath' to "" instead of the bitmap file name before 'quitting' the module.

The other problem seems to be solved by making sure a static text display on the main window is set to EXACTLY the dimensions for the text display. 

Why is this, and is there a foolproof way to prevent these 'screen corruption' problems when switching from one window display to another?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Adrian Fox

mrainey

Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

AdrianFox

Thanks very much, there are some good pointers in that discussion (I did do a Forum search but somehow managed to miss that discussion)

It sounds like I can avoid the problem by using dialogs in preference to windows for most of my modules.

Adrian
Adrian Fox