April 28, 2024, 12:58:14 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

My Little Grid

Started by James Klutho, November 12, 2008, 08:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Klutho

I just uploaded updates of My Little Grid (Version 1.11.1) to the Planetsquires website.

The big new with this version is Ebasic compatiblility and the expansion to 2000 columns which matches the default number of SQLite columns.  Included in this version is a sample Ebasic example and along with some precompiled demo executeables.  Download the demo at Planetsquires to get the help file and Powerbasic example source files.  It should not be hard to port them to Ebasic.  Of course you will have to remember to create your Import Library for the MLG.DLL.

MLG with its workbook sheets and built-in placeholder for row record numbers, is perfect for working with multi-table SQLite databases.

My Little Grid comes in two versions. The demo version is freeware which allows for 26 columns ,5000 rows in grid, and 3 worksheets. This may be all many of the users need so feel free to use this version as you wish. The purchased version allows for 2000 columns, 2,000,000,000 rows, 255 worksheets and only costs $35.

My Little Grid is meant to be an easy to use, basic grid with databases in mind. With Workbooks, it is now an unbelievable value. Please take it for a spin around the block. If you are a paid user, grab the zip file password and have fun with this new version.

I hope you like using My Little Grid. Check it out at Planetsquires.

http://www.planetsquires.com/mylittlegrid.html

tbohon

I'll take a look at it this weekend, James - thanks for sharing!!!

Tom
"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself ... the dreams will come to you."  -- Randy Pausch, PhD (1961-2008)

Duffer

Warning... Previous versions of this program implemented a nasty protection scheme that would crash your program.

James Klutho

My Little Grid registered version will display an "X" on the screen if improperly initialized and will not crash your program.

Duffer

aurelCB

Nice program and work fine!
@james if you have time look in Creative Board in topic
ELSEIF I have question for you...
zlatko

Dennisc

Hi James

I am looking for a grid control for EBasic but the website says it is only available for Powerbasic. Am I missing something?

Dennis
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
www.denniscomninos.com

LarryMc

From what I read in James' 1st post above and what's on the website is you download the demo to get the inc files and down at the bottom of the webpage you download the dll.

With that you should be able to port (covert) it over to EBasic syntax.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

James Klutho

The demo download has an Ebasic example and include file in it.  The grid is written in Powerbasic and all my customers to date are Powerbasic users so I do not have extensive experience with MLG in Ebasic but it should work fine with Ebasic.  The demo version is freeware so give it a whirl and see what you think.

Good Luck

Jim Klutho

Dennisc

Thanks James - will give it a whirl!

Dennis
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
www.denniscomninos.com

psevet

May 10, 2009, 06:39:45 AM #10 Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:55:32 AM by psevet
Tried it and works like a charm  ;D

Just :

• Unzip all dowloaded files
  • Put the MLG_DLLEB.INC and MLG_DLLPB.INC in your C:\Program Files\EBDev\include directory;
  • Put the MLG.DLL in C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory
  • Click on "Tools", "Create import library", and choose MLG.DLL (default directory should be C:\WINDOWS\system32)
  • Open the mlg.eba file in Ebasic
  • Perform a "Build", "Build single" action and set "Windows Exe" as Executable target
  • Enjoy !

Pierre