April 29, 2024, 10:36:02 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Bingo program source

Started by hugh, October 18, 2008, 10:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugh

Hello everyone, This is my first program in Emergence Basic, Its the first program i have written
since the 1980s.
It is free to members, but i have put a copyright on it, because i have used the program in several
elderly peoples homes, to give them some dignity back and participate in some light exercises.
That is people who have no known relatives, or who's relatives have placed them in a home
the file is zipped and attached, with a mpeg, screencapture, showing what each button does.
the program looks for this HELP.mpg on your local drive ,c:\\computerised_bingo\\help.jpg

It is in the w1handler, at

CASE @IDMENUPICK
CASE 4:                      ' user requests help
system "c:\\computerised_bingo\\help.jpg"

so  change the above line to point to were  you place the HELP.mpg
I am open to suggestions and help to improve the program, hence it is a beta version, with basic help via messageboxe,s
the Author button displays a simple messagebox, as my voice is not included in the beta version.

well i am also open to any type criticism, and i will respect you for it.

regards.

Hugh

hugh

sorry, error found in SUB bingonumber()

in the line, if f$ = "fun" and mycount = number
insert the following after, SHOWWINDOW w1,@swrestore,101

for j = 1 to number
SHOWWINDOW w1,@SWRESTORE,j
NEXT j

Then change the setsize to;

if sw >= 1020 then setsize w1,msw/2-70,msh-180,140,100,101       ' random # restore to original size to check bingo board     

sorry about the error.
please note the above changes are are within the,  IF f$ = "fun" and mycount = number in the SUB bingonumber()

Hugh

Techno

Hugh,

I'm very interesting in your bingo program can you please post here the complete package included the iwb code (worked), the resources (images, wav files) and the exe.

I have plan to updated and advanced your bingo game

Thanks en kind regards
Stephane

hugh

April 13, 2012, 09:18:34 AM #3 Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:53:26 PM by hugh
Hi Techno
Just read your post, I cant upload the complete Rar file, its 28mb (46.5mb unzipped) and contains everything, i would have to break it down and rar each part to Email them to you.
I have uploaded the full Source code to user offerings, it states, "Requested By Stephane"
You Email  address is hidden, so if you send me an email, i will mail you the full package, Zipped and in parts with full instructions were to put everything
Hugh