March 29, 2024, 05:13:11 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Creative BASIC 1.01

Started by Ionic Wind Support Team, October 13, 2008, 09:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

Hello all,
Creative BASIC version 1.01 is now available to subscribers and licensed users.  Subscribers can find instructions in the subscribers center for obtaining the update.

Licensed users can download directly from the link provided when purchasing.

This update adds Windows Vista compatibility and a few bug fixes.  Previously Windows Vista users would have to install to a directory other than Program Files in order to build an executable.  All of the sample programs were moved to the installed users documents directory, a fresh install will look in the correct path now.  The sample programs can be found in:

My Documents\Creative BASIC\samples

Thanks,
Paul Turley
Ionic Wind Software
Ionic Wind Support Team

Ionic Wind Support Team

The installation was updated to include a missing DLL for Vista users.  If you obtained the 1.01 update within the last 24 hours then please download again and reinstall.

Thanks,
Paul Turley
Ionic Wind Software
Ionic Wind Support Team

GWS

Thanks Paul ..  :)

I've just gone through the system to purchase a licensed copy - just to see how a prospective user would experience it.

You've done a great job on the front portal for Ionic Wind and the three languages.

It looks beautiful and the purchase went through in seconds ..  ;D

The Creative screen shots and description look superb - I'd buy it .. :) :) :)

For a program that offers so much pleasure for years of programming enjoyment, the pricing is brilliant at $25.  It's scandalously cheap - a bargain even .. :)

I do hope you will do well with the products.

best wishes, :)

Graham

Tomorrow may be too late ..

GWS

OK - my shiny new licensed version downloaded and installed.  :)

Typed in my details and activation code - and presto! all working.  ;D

If anyone else is going through this process, I would remind them that it's always best to use the Window's 'remove programs' facility to remove any previous version - including any free version.   Then you get a clean installation with no problems ..  :)

Just one snag I found - relating to the Vista compatibility changes.

I always install to my preferred Creative Basic folder, which on my machine is always on a logical 'F:\' drive.
Now when I do this, the sample files are left in the My Documents\Creative BASIC\samples on the C:\ drive.
Consequently, they don't appear when I start the IDE.

It's simply solved by dragging a copy of the \Samples folder from the C:\ drive across to my CBasic directory on the F: drive.
Then all works fine.

Just wondering if the installation process could detect if the user chooses a drive other than C:\ and load the Samples folder under the  user's chosen directory as was previously the case.  Of course, if he chooses to install to C:\ then the present method is fine ..

all the best, :)

Graham

Trevor

Not so cheap for me now, I live in Australia. If I had of got this 3 months ago I would have paid about $28 for it, now it's $35 with this financial crisis.

GWS

October 16, 2008, 01:50:53 AM #5 Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 07:59:49 AM by GWS
Aw! .. 'cmon Trev .. it's cheap.

You pay $35aus, I pay ÂÃ,£14 at current exchange rates.

I took my wife out to lunch yesterday, and it cost me ÂÃ,£16 at an inexpensive restaurant.

There are computer magazines, mostly full of adverts and useless trial software, that cost ÂÃ,£5 these days.

A copy of the Creative software will last for years (including updates).  The Creative Basic programming system is my most used software next to Word ..  :)

So I never begrudge paying for something useful and of good quality .. it's an investment for years of pleasure.

all the best, :)

Graham

Trevor

How will upgrades work with the commercial version of CB? Will I be able to upgrade for free with each update or will I have to pay again?

Ionic Wind Support Team

Just download and install from the main site when I update.  The license agreement is on the purchase page, the license gives you all updates from 1.xx until 2.0.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

Trevor

Ok great. How do your version numbers work?
I've an order being processed, but it's going to take a while for the money to come from my bank account to Paypal, can't wait to recieve my code!

Ionic Wind Support Team

You'll get updates for quite a while.  Considering it's taken me 2 years of updates on Emergence to get from 1.5 to 1.65

Ionic Wind Support Team