May 01, 2024, 09:17:46 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Yet Another Odd Problem

Started by LarryMc, August 22, 2008, 04:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

This might be another one I should have already known about.

Ever since I've been programming I have used embedded print statements for debugging puposes.

With Ebasic I have continued that process with great results by opening the console window in my window based programs.

I'm currently working on a project with multiple source files much like I've done in the past.

A portion of the program got complicated enough to insert some print statements to find a flaw.

The print statement didn't print anything to the console window.  I proved that the code was executing by inserting a messagebox in place of the print statement and it worked.

After much searching I found that the console print quit at the point that I printed text directly to a window using the window handle.
Console print statement executed before that line of code worked by any after that line of code would not.

Removing the print to window statement allowed print to console work after that line.

Tried it in another program with the same result.

Larry

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

Its an old feature that allowed you to specify the window once. 

print w1, ...
print ...
print ...

Don't have a workaround for you at the moment, try using debugprint instead, or use printf from the C library.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team