March 28, 2024, 04:42:58 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

WYSIWYG Class Test

Started by LarryMc, August 19, 2007, 04:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

August 19, 2007, 04:01:57 PM Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:03:48 PM by Larry McCaughn
Attached is an exe file and a .css style sheet.

I need someone to unzip and run the exe to make sure it will run on a machine other than mine.

And I REALLY need someone running vista to test it.

The exe file does create a tmp sub directory under the directory it is run from and it extracts a buch of gifs, js and htm files from the exe.

When the program closes it deletes all the temp files.
It does not write to the registry.

This is the beta culmination of the 3 threads in this forum:
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,1863.0.html
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,1853.0.html
http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,1857.0.html
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Marco Lohnen

August 19, 2007, 04:22:29 PM #1 Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:26:24 PM by Marco Lohnen
Hi Larry,

I just gave your class test a try on my Vista machine and it works fine. I tested couple of things, changing fonts, colors, size and tables.
So not bad for a test if it even works on a Dutch version of Vista!

Marco

I've attached a screenshot..

ts-soft

Works fine on W2K, but you're use resourcetype 24, this is reserved for manifest, 23 is for html!

greetings
Thomas
Sorry for my bad english

LarryMc

Quote from: ts-soft on August 19, 2007, 04:34:40 PM
but you're use resourcetype 24, this is reserved for manifest, 23 is for html!

Marco/Thomas - Thanks for the feedback.

Thomas - this was a TEST; the final class will use a non-reserved number ( I believe it has to be above 255). It will also have a different button arrangement, and some other touchups.

Larry
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

LarryMc

BTW,
Did you guys hit the Save button to make sure the code got back to the dialog?

Larry
LarryMc

Bruce Peaslee

Quote from: Larry McCaughn on August 19, 2007, 04:41:40 PM
BTW,
Did you guys hit the Save button to make sure the code got back to the dialog?

Larry
I did, and it does. When I changed the text color twice I got this:

<span style="color: #604080"><span style="color: #ff0000">test <br /></span></span>

I expected only one span.

Pretty neat workup.
Bruce Peaslee
"Born too loose."
iTired (There's a nap for that.)
Well, I headed for Las Vegas
Only made it out to Needles

LarryMc

August 20, 2007, 09:15:21 AM #6 Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:35:04 AM by Larry McCaughn
Bruce,

I just tried to change the font twice also.
If you hit the  'html" button (<>) the display changes over to the raw code and the double color gets taken care of.

Larry
LarryMc

LarryMc

November 03, 2007, 06:41:25 PM #7 Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 01:21:03 PM by Larry McCaughn
Attached is the inital release of my WYSIWYG Editor class.
Includes a help file and an example of use.

I needed this kind of functionality for a bigger application I am working on.
The intent was to store html code segments in either a dbase file or by using my xml class and being able to add some formatting to the code.

It does what I need it to do and I hope it will benefit others.

Larry

LarryMc

Jerry Muelver

Larry, I'm starting to play around with your very clever WYSIWYG class. I've been using Goodman's editor on the web for a couple of years, and am delighted to see it captured for EBasic! You should have heard me WHOOP! when I first hit your "Editor" button! I'm working on a hybrid file format to handle multi-page single-file web projects, and should have something to show in a couple of weeks. I'm off on a vacation trip tomorrow, and should be fully charged up and rarin' to go on this when I get back!