April 30, 2024, 07:13:08 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

New control

Started by LarryMc, November 05, 2007, 03:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

February 05, 2008, 04:09:38 PM #50 Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 06:34:05 PM by Larry McCaughn
Ok,
Here's my annunciator (alarm panel) library  (AnnunLM) for all to use.
Read the readme for initial directions. 
The example contains all the documentation.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

pistol350

Hi Larry!
Thank you once more for that additional offering  :)
here is what i have when i launch the program.see the pic

as you can see the last checkbox is covered by the panel rectangle.
Hower i don't see this as a problem or so as it does not bring any damage to the basic function of the control.
I just want to be sure that everyone has the same results i have.

Cheers! 8)
Regards,

Peter B.

LarryMc

Having a problem with a custom control I'm working on.
Scenario:
In a dialog I create my custom control.  At that point in time I give it a dummy width and height because that has to be calculated in the initdialog message area.

When I calculate the desired width and height along with the original left and top I put those numbers in a RESIZE statement.

The result is that the control kind of moves to an aribtrary location.  And if I change the dialog size and rerun the program my control moves.
As the dialog gets wider my control moves to the left and vice versa.

I noticed that the controlex function does some calculations and puts the l,t,w,h in a IBDLGTEMPLATE structure but the
SETSIZE fuction doesn't use that structure.

I'm missing something in my control's handler but I'm not sure what.
I'm thinking maybe I need to add a @IDSIZE section in my custom control handler but have no idea of what to put there.

Sure could use a nudge or two in the right direction.

Larry
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

I would need to see some code.  If you're using API functions to change the controls size then your would need to do the conversion between dialog units and pixels. 
Ionic Wind Support Team

LarryMc

Quote from: Paul Turley on February 20, 2008, 11:52:08 AM
.... conversion between dialog units and pixels. 
Let me look into that and see what I can find before I have to bother you any further.

Thanks

Larry
LarryMc

LarryMc

February 22, 2008, 04:38:28 PM #55 Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:40:20 PM by Larry McCaughn
Update:
New version of my annunciator (alarm panel) library  (AnnunLM)  available at:

http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,2100.msg19514.html#msg19514

V1.1 Fixes
   Problem with proper positioning of annunciator
   deleted example.exe and added example.eba

Larry
LarryMc

REDEBOLT

Larry,

Just dl'ed zip file.  Found example.exe but no example.eba.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is it used for?
Regards,
Bob

LarryMc

Oops,
I just uploaded the old version back on by mistake.
The correct v1.1 is uploaded as of the time of this posting.

REDEBOLT:
The alarm panel controls are patterned after those found in refineries/chemical plants and similiar to those found on old fighter aircraft.
If you were building an application that simulated the controls found in a plant or the controls of an airplane you could use the annunciators just like they are used in real life. (I spent 11 years in the AirForce working on planes and 25 years working in a chemical plant.)

I'm currently working on a plotting control and intend to create some PID (proportional/integral/derivative) feedback controls in the future.

I'm also building the controls to learn how to build them and because the challenge is fun.

Larry
LarryMc