April 16, 2024, 03:52:17 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

bug in classes viewer?

Started by ExMember001, July 11, 2007, 09:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExMember001

If i use a method name opendialog in a class the method is not display in the IDE class viewer.  :-\

John Syl.

Tried using opendialog as a method in a class and displays ok in class viewer.

Possible suggestion is that the source file and/or the include file have not been saved after defining it, I know it's obvious..but how many obvious fauts do you come across on the forum ;)

maybe it's a problem in the include/source file that is not being highlighted..sometimes this happens with braces.  The whole thing to the compiler is fine but missing a brace shifts the whole meaning. 

regards
John

Intel 3.6 p4 ht, XP home,2 gb mem, 400 gb hd 20gb raid 0, Nvidia 6600le.
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 
IBasic (std & pro), Aurora, EBasic.  (Master of none, but it's been fun!)

ExMember001

humm..
well my class is code in 2 files example save.inc and save.src
the method opendialog is declare in save.inc and implemented in save.src
then the src file is added to the project.
now if i look in the class viewer, i can see my class as and object but if i look at the method ... opendialog()  is not there..

John Syl.

Have you tried the refresh option, right click on the class in the viewer and refresh.

Just tried again and I see what you mean.  It looks like the class is only read on loading not on access, which means when I tried it before I must have closed Aurora and reopened it, probably due tio my inept keyboard skills, pressed the wrong button probably.  But choosing the refresh from the viewer does the job.

regards
John
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 

ExMember001

yes i tryed refreshing but did nothing...
i also use the same method name in other dialog classes.. maybe its the problem.
i'll look at it later..need sleep ;)

John Syl.

That shouldn't cause a problem as they are different classes.

When you say it's not there, is it not listed under the class or does it show but clicking gives no implementation?

The other possibility is a duplicate inc file and you are editing one but aurora is looking at another.

regards
John
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

ExMember001

July 13, 2007, 09:28:16 PM #6 Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 09:30:07 PM by KrYpT
Quote from: John Syl.  (puddytat) on July 13, 2007, 08:49:55 AM
When you say it's not there, is it not listed under the class or does it show but clicking gives no implementation?
it is not listed under the class.

look with this project: http://www.ionicwind.com/forums/index.php/topic,1726.0.html
download the attachment (you will need to fix the method in save.inc to compile, fix explained in the post)

class LivreDLG and SaveDLG should contain a method name Opendialog(CWindow *parent)
but the method Opendialog is not listed...

John Syl.

It is the comment on the same line after the declaration.  Remove the comment and all is ok. 
Now I can't say whether that is a bug or if there is a valid reason that the class viewer
ignores the method with the remark..
but that is a question for Paul to answer, but as it stands no big deal, just put the remark on the line above.

best regards
John
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

ExMember001