May 01, 2024, 04:32:42 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Add existing files to new project

Started by efgee, July 11, 2007, 05:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efgee

How?
The IDE only allows to create new src files when a project is created and active.
(at least I haven't figured it out yet)

Also IMO it would be an improvement when a new Project is created also new diirectory for this project would be created automatically (with the same name). Otherwise every time I create a new project I have to choose a different location for the main project directory and make a new directory by hand. If I don't do that the Aurora IDE places all projects in the same directory.

This could be accomplished in the same way the name of the exe file is placed into the dialog (while typing the project name).

Also why is the awp project file a binary file?
An ascii file as a project file would be more efficient because if something breaks the project files can be modified by hand.

LarryMc

July 11, 2007, 05:27:30 PM #1 Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:31:02 PM by Larry McCaughn
Doesn't it work like EBasic.
Open the file you want to add to the project.
Right click in that files window and select add to project from the context menu.

Also, I just open Aurora and there is all the add file to project menu item inder the "Project" menu.

Larry
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

Yes just right click in the window.   Or click on the project menu.

Also IMO it would be an improvement when a new Project is created also new diirectory for this project would be created automatically (with the same name).

Nope.  I prefer to name my own directories, thank you.  I hate when an IDE chooses names for me.

Also why is the awp project file a binary file?

Because it is much more efficient and quicker to read than parsing an ascii file.  Especially when you have thousands of source files like some of my projects do.  If you are so worried then make backups, the #1 rule of computers ;)

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

efgee