April 29, 2024, 06:37:23 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

AWP file launcher

Started by sapero, May 31, 2007, 04:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sapero

May 31, 2007, 04:52:20 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:07:38 AM by sapero
This small piece of code will be very helpful, I hope so.
All what it does is to "inject" Aurora project file to the IDE by clicking on the file. It works with Aurora IDE RC1, by searching for Aurora window, click on menu item, paste file path and hit the OK button. If Aurora is not already running, it appends the path to the registry project list, and launches the IDE with command "open the latest project" :)

Two versions are atached: unicode and ansi, with source.
How to use:
1. Run once the exe, it will register itself in the registry, under HKCR\.awp and HKCR\AuroraProject
2. Click any .awp file to open the project in Aurora IDE

pistol350

June 01, 2007, 01:32:45 AM #1 Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:36:17 AM by pistol350
I've not tried it yet ,but it seems to be a very useful addition to Aurora. :o
Moreover this code seems to be something i've been searching for so long.
I hope that it is not too difficult to understand  :D
Thanks for sharing!

Edit :
Cool!!!!!!!!
I've tried it and there is no doubt about it: A very useful addition to AURORA and this code is exactly what i was looking for  ;)
Regards,

Peter B.

sapero

June 01, 2007, 03:15:26 AM #2 Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:20:29 AM by sapero
;D Thanx!
I have updated the attachment - forgot to test it on win98 without MS unicode layer.
Here was an hardcoded index for menu item - fixed. If you close all source files and launch any awp file - it will open the project in existing IDE, instead creating new instance.

Note, if you open a 'moved' project while Aurora is not running, the project will be not updated, so please run the IDE first.