March 28, 2024, 10:19:19 AM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Help in 2D animation

Started by pistol350, June 25, 2007, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistol350

Hi all!
To perform animation we usually use sprites from a single bitmap that have several frames.
I need help in finding a way to animate sprites using frames from separate bitmaps.
let's say that i got 5 bitmaps each one composed of 1 frame.

frame1.bmp
frame2.bmp
frame3.bmp
frame4.bmp
frame5.bmp

How do i do ?
Thanks!
Regards,

Peter B.

Brice Manuel

I haven't been able to afford Aurora :'(  so I can't be too much of a help.

But, Paul usually includes a 2D demo in his products that has those animated mouths bouncing around.  IIRC, that is usually two frames of animation with individual bitmaps being used for each frame.  If such a demo is included with Aurora, you should be able to look at the method being used for animating two frames and expand it to support however many frames you need.

pistol350

July 02, 2007, 02:40:04 AM #2 Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 02:48:45 AM by pistol350
Hi Brice!
Thank you for your suggestion!
But i already know this example and the style of animation.
It only requires a single bitmap file that is composed of several frames.
However, the kind of animation i am trying to write requires to have several bitmap files and each of them would be each frame of the final animation that i want to create.
It is far more difficult to code the second animation style.But it gives better results.

Cheers!
Peter

EDIT

QuoteI haven't been able to afford Aurora   so I can't be too much of a help.

Well, i posted my question in the Aurora thread because i started to write my code in Aurora , but If anyone out there knows how to write it in Ebasic or whatever other language
please don't hesitate to help. i am rather interested in understanding the process of the animation technic ;D
Thanks!
Regards,

Peter B.

Brice Manuel

Quote from: pistol350 on July 02, 2007, 02:40:04 AMIt is far more difficult to code the second animation style.But it gives better results.
Peter, I just bought Aurora, and yes in it, the Mouth is an image strip.

However using individual images for each frame isn't really any harder.  Just load your images and then use the same timing method used in that Aurora example to choose what frame to display, only change it to display whatever sprite you want for each animation.

Both methods have their pros and cons.

pistol350

Hi Brice!
You seem to be very optimistic and i like that. ;D
It seems that you will get me out of this trouble  :D
Thanks!
Regards,

Peter B.