April 28, 2024, 03:56:29 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

DLL's and LIBs

Started by LarryMc, April 05, 2007, 01:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I have found a 3rd party dll I want to use.
I have written streamlined functions to call the routines that are in the dll.

I want to create a dll to include all the above.

If I do, will I have to furnish the user both my dll and the 3rd party dll or
does the 3rd party dll get incorporated into my dll and I only have to furnish mine to a user?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Brice Manuel

I guess I am dense, but why do you want to use a bootstrap DLL to call the other DLL ???

LarryMc

Quote from: Brice Manuel on April 05, 2007, 02:06:48 PM
I guess I am dense, but why do you want to use a bootstrap DLL to call the other DLL ???
I don't have the src for the 3rd party dll but I want to call the functions in it but I what to change the function names the user will enter (I know, alaises) but I also want to change the way some passed parameters are identified and what return codes will be used.
The only way I know how to do that is with intermediate functions.  Those functions would be in my created dll.  I would love to be able to combine the 3rd party dll and my intermediate functions into one dll but I don't know if that is possible or if it is then how to do it.

I've just looked at Sapero's ddl2lib program but I'm kinda like a dog chasing a car tire. I got it but now what do I do with it.
LarryMc
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

Why not just create a static library?
Ionic Wind Support Team

LarryMc

April 05, 2007, 06:13:04 PM #4 Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 06:30:50 PM by Larry McCaughn
Quote from: Paul Turley on April 05, 2007, 05:57:15 PM
Why not just create a static library?
Are you saying that if I write my wrapper functions using the linker lib for the 3rd party dll that I can then compile my wrapper function as a static lib and it will remove the need for the 3rd party dll for my application users?

Or:
Are you saying that if I write my wrapper functions using the linker lib for the 3rd party dll that I can then compile my wrapper function as a static lib but I will need to send the 3rd party dll for my application users?

What about if I'm wanting to create a dll with the "wrapper" functions for other people to use?
LarryMc