April 25, 2024, 12:09:19 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Calling SQL Server Stored Procedure

Started by Steven Picard, March 17, 2007, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Picard

Has anyone called a SQL Server stored procedure through EBasic? What I need to be able to do is to add some input parameters, an output parameter and retrieve a recordset.  I don't see anything in the help documents for this but maybe I am overlooking them.

And to anticipate any misunderstanding, a stored procedure is different than a prepared statement

Steven Picard

Okay, I think I'll be able to figure this out.

Lesson:  the sql.inc file and MSDN are your friend.  ;)  Paul hasn't gotten around to documenting all the functions in the sql.inc file but fortunately MSDN has.  :D

When I am done I'll post an example of calling an SQL Server stored procedure from EBasic for those who are interested.

pistol350

I 'd like to see that to learn more about database since i don't know much about this stuff
cheers!
Regards,

Peter B.

Steven Picard

I have been under the gun to get some software done for work and have been working until around 1:00 AM almost everyday (including weekends).

There is a nice open source ODBC wrapper in C++ that mimics ADO quite nicely (I've used it in C++).  When things settle down I will try and convert it to Aurora and make DLL's available that can be used in EBasic.

redpill

Have you gotten an opportunity to do that conversion yet.. it would make a big, big difference :)