April 20, 2024, 12:57:15 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

FBmath Library

Started by Barney, January 02, 2007, 06:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

January 02, 2007, 06:30:17 PM Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 09:36:07 AM by Paul Turley
Looks like there's enough people interested in porting fbmath lib for FreeBasic into EBasic, so here's the topic about it.

The fastest way to do it is to divide the workload so that each one of us takes one or more modules. I am almost finished with the "fmath" module and can take two or three more modules. fmath module will be posted as soon as I manage to test it, so expect it tomorrow or the day after. Other two or three modules I can probably finish by Sunday.

Matrix module is rather big so it would be good if the person who takes it for translation understands arrays thoroughly. I'll give it a pass for now ;)

Barney

John S

Barney,
I'm in that mode right now - so I'll help out with the vector and matrix stuff.  I'll start tonight.

Are you still working on the include file?
John Siino, Advanced Engineering Services and Software

paravantis

I am thinking of addressing random and stat BUT I may not be able to progress very rapidly.

Barney

Just take your time. It's not like our lives depend on finishing this quickly :)

@JohnS: I did not finish the include file yet but that one is not the priority now. We can test whatever we translate by including the necessary files in the project or into the test file. Include will be important later when everything is done and final lib created.

Barney

John S

January 03, 2007, 09:50:51 AM #4 Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:53:49 PM by John S
Quote from: Barney on January 03, 2007, 03:31:23 AM
...@JohnS: I did not finish the include file yet but that one is not the priority now.  We can test whatever we translate by including the necessary files in the project or into the test file. Include will be important later when everything is done and final lib created.

I agree, I pulled math.bi apart and used only the Define's out of it.

I did get lineq1 (the demo) and its associated modules (lineq and gausjord) to compile, but the resulting data was erroneous and I need to fix the formatting of the output.  I hope to finish today or tomorrow.

edit 01/05/07:
I haven't forgotten this - I've been doing Vector Math stuff in Aurora.  I plan on debugging these files this weekend.
John Siino, Advanced Engineering Services and Software

dossic

Hi!

Any more news about using FBmath library in EBASIC?

Thanks   Carlo

Techno

Interesting

And what about calculus functions like integrals, d/dx ?

REDEBOLT

What is the current status on this?
Regards,
Bob

Techno

Hi,

What are the current status and where can I find the original code from FBMath?

Thanks
Stephane

LarryMc

Stephane
By looking at the previous post in this thread (2009,2008,2007) I think it is safe to say the status is DEAD.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Techno

Quote from: LarryMc on May 27, 2015, 01:01:37 AM
Stephane
By looking at the previous post in this thread (2009,2008,2007) I think it is safe to say the status is DEAD.

Larry

I'm sorry for this.

LarryMc

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library