April 24, 2024, 08:13:36 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Amount of memory available in heap for TreeView control

Started by ACall, December 27, 2006, 08:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACall

I am developing an eBasic program that uses a TreeView control which may have upwards of 500 nodes total (both Parent and Child).ÂÃ,  Each node may have about 50 characters of data to display.

I'm concerned about some limit getting in the way of creating that many nodes.

According to Microsoft - "A tree-view control uses memory allocated from the heap of the process that creates the tree-view control. The maximum number of items in a tree view is based on the amount of memory available in the heap."

I have searched the forums for Heap and did not find anything about heap memory maximum.ÂÃ,  The command AllocHeap talks about String memory and AllocMem talks about memory in general.ÂÃ,  Would either of these commands address the TreeView heap size?

Is there a default heap size in iBasic?

Regards...Archie

Ionic Wind Support Team

Up to 2GB.  So  I don't think you will have a problem.  The initial heap size is 524MB, which means the process can request allocations up to that size before another chunk is requested from the system.  Before anyone asks it doesn't mean all programs use 524MB, it just is the maximum allocatable size before Windows has to grow the process heap.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team