April 30, 2024, 07:56:02 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Suggestion on FOR/NEXT syntax

Started by paravantis, December 18, 2006, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionic Wind Support Team

OK enough.  It is sufficient to make a suggestion once.

The parser design requires the variable in the NEXT statment to maintain context and for error checking.  To remove the variable requires a redesign of the FOR statement on my part, and my time is better spent elsewhere at the moment.  It is not just a simple matter of removing somenthing, it requires the implimentation of a separate context stack like we did in Aurora.  And it is not something that is broken but has been in use in various languages for 25 years.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

erosolmi

As supposed, I was 100% right.
It is something I've already faced and it was not a trivial task.

paravantis

December 19, 2006, 01:52:14 PM #27 Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:22:27 PM by paravantis
Paul,

QuoteTo remove the variable requires a redesign of the FOR statement on my part, and my time is better spent elsewhere at the moment.  It is not just a simple matter of removing something, it requires the implementation of a separate context stack like we did in Aurora.

Point understood.

If you had made this clarification right off the bat, I would not have appeared to be making the same suggestion twice.

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

December 19, 2006, 01:54:02 PM #28 Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:28:15 PM by Jonathan (zumwalt) Wood
.... glad this is straightened out ... :)