April 24, 2024, 11:10:50 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Just an observation.

Started by J B Wood (Zumwalt), December 06, 2006, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

EBasic is rather simple once you dig into it.
Haven't gotten to stuck yet in anything I am doing, great job Paul!
Soon as I figure out these pointers, I'll be all set :)

Ionic Wind Support Team

The pointers in Emergence BASIC are not quite as advance as they are in Aurora.  In general pointers in Emergence are untyped, equivelent to VOID pointers in C and require either telling the compiler what type they point to through typecasting, or by using the SETTYPE command.  There are two different pointer dereference operators in Emergence.  The # and the *.  The documentation explains the differences.

Paul.
Ionic Wind Support Team

ExMember001

Quote from: Paul Turley on December 06, 2006, 07:21:49 PM
The pointers in Emergence BASIC are not quite as advance as they are in Aurora.  In general pointers in Emergence are untyped, equivelent to VOID pointers in C and require either telling the compiler what type they point to through typecasting, or by using the SETTYPE command.  There are two different pointer dereference operators in Emergence.  The # and the *.  The documentation explains the differences.

Paul.

yep, pointer in Aurora are easyer to use than pointers in Ebasic... into trying to figure some Aurora code to Ebasic and its not easy sometimes ;)

J B Wood (Zumwalt)

Well, my entire Flying Invaders game is filled with pointers and CPointerLists, so I am in for an overhaul.
I've already got the code migrated into EBasic and modified most of it to fit the EBasic structure layout, now its just a matter of the pointers and lists, then its done.