April 26, 2024, 07:53:48 PM

News:

Own IWBasic 2.x ? -----> Get your free upgrade to 3.x now.........

Registry path to EBasic for InnoSetup?

Started by MikeHart, November 27, 2006, 08:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHart

Hi Paul,

to retrieve the path to EBasic automatically I would like to tell InnoSetup which one it is.
Can you let me know which Registry entry is the best to use?

Michael

Ionic Wind Support Team

HKCU/Software/IonicWind/Emergence BASIC/Paths/BIN

Should do it.  Work back from that path.
Ionic Wind Support Team

MikeHart

LarryMc

Paul,
Can you show me what the istool entry looks like to make a registry entry for the path to "myprogram".

Can you show me what the istool entry would look like for a supplemental install to put files in the same directory where the first install put the exe considering the user is allowed to pick where they want the exe located..

i.e.
The 1st install would install the exe and support files.

The 2nd and/or subsequent installs would be for additional data files as they became available.

LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

[Registry]
Root: HKCU; Subkey: Software\Company\Product; Flags: uninsdeletekey

As for updating a file I usually just read a path I stored on the initial install with a custom program.   When updating the entire installation Inno picks the last location the program was installed to.
Ionic Wind Support Team

LarryMc

Quote from: Paul Turley on December 05, 2006, 08:10:23 PM
As for updating a file I usually just read a path I stored on the initial install with a custom program.ÂÃ,  ÂÃ, 
So what would that path entry look like?
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Ionic Wind Support Team

That entry creates the main product key.  It's up to your software to write other keys there.

The IDE for Emergence writes the startup keys on the first run.  The path to the BIN directory and such.
Ionic Wind Support Team

MikeHart

Hey Larry,

to retrieve the EBasic path within InnoSetup, I add/change the following stuff to the script:

DefaultDirName={code:EBPath}

[c o d e]ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  ÂÃ, <--- remove the spaces, this forum misinterprets the correct spelling
function EBPath(Param: String): String;
var
n:string;
p:integer;
l:integer;
begin
n := ExpandConstant('{reg:HKCU\Software\IonicWind\Emergence BASIC\Paths\,BIN}');
p := Pos('\bin',n);
l := Length(n);
n := Copy(n,1,p);
ÂÃ,  ÂÃ,  Result := n;
end;

Ionic Wind Support Team

You should note that will only work with later versions of Inno.  Versions prior to 4, if I remember, didn't support Pascal scripting.
Ionic Wind Support Team