June 16, 2024, 11:52:53 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

My StingMap offering

Started by Andy, January 15, 2016, 06:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

January 15, 2016, 06:25:13 AM Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:27:07 AM by andy1966
I would like to ask, and I know this section is for IW questions, but do you think my string theory offering is of interest or use to you?

I know Richard is going to have a look at using it, but apart from that, I've not had any feedback.

I think there is a "million" and one things you can do with strings, and every time I think I've got them, I think of more.

I like to share, and I release my offings in the hope that others will find them useful.

Please let me know if you find it useful or interesting, if so I will continue adding to the commands.

Thanks,
Andy.
:)

Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.

LarryMc

Welcome to my world.  You'll have to admit that I've written quite a few offerings of various types.  And if you went back and looked at all of them carefully you'd be surprised how many of them only had one or two feedback comments.  And that was when we had a lot more active active members.

If you program for up front "at-a-boys" you are going to be frustrated.  Program for the self satisfactiion and to prove to yourself that you can do it.  Put something out there that you are proud of.  If it is of value then a day will come when  someone will send you a PM saying that they had a program that they were stumped on and your lib really saved the day for them.  You might not get many of those and you might have to wait foor them but relish in those.

There is seldom a program I write that doesn't have Fletchie's lib linked in just for one function.

Is your lib useful to me?  At the moment? No. But that is only because I haven't worked on a program in ages(except to anser a form question) but I'm absolutely sure I will in the future because I am not one to re-invent the wheel and you have too many string functions in there.

Got to go...yet another DR appointment this AM.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

Andy

Thank Larry!

Hope the doc's visit goes okay.

:)
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.