May 04, 2024, 01:38:00 PM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Code Folding

Started by John Syl., March 28, 2006, 08:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Syl.

I've noticed that when using the folding option (click the minus next to a curly bracket) if the section is the last on the page it folds to

{
}

If it is not the last section on the page it folds to a single open curly bracket:

e.g.

global main()
{
openconsole();
print("Hello");
closeconsole();
}

will fold to:#

global main()
{
}

However, if you add:

SUB someFunc()
{
..some code..
}

Folding the main will result in a single open curly bracket, somefunc will leave the two.
If the someFunc function is deleted main() stiil folds to a single bracket.

phew... along way to get to the question..  is this related to scintilla or the ide?
Its not a major problem by any means just a todo to stick on the end of the list after the proper stuff
is done!

regards
John

Intel 3.6 p4 ht, XP home,2 gb mem, 400 gb hd 20gb raid 0, Nvidia 6600le.
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 
IBasic (std & pro), Aurora, EBasic.  (Master of none, but it's been fun!)

Ionic Wind Support Team

It's related to scintilla as the IDE doesn't control folding.   When I get the chance I'll update to the latest scintilla code base to see if that solves it.
Ionic Wind Support Team

John Syl.

Thanks.  I thought that might be the case.  I tried replacing the scintilla dll with the latest (1.6.8) and its still the same.
As I said it's not important, it's just one of thos things you spot and wonder.

regards
John

Intel 3.6 p4 ht, XP home,2 gb mem, 400 gb hd 20gb raid 0, Nvidia 6600le.
AMD k6-2 500, 40gb.

Started on PDP11 Assembler, BASIC, GWBASIC, 6502, Z80, 80x86, Java, Pascal, C, C++, 
IBasic (std & pro), Aurora, EBasic.  (Master of none, but it's been fun!)