May 15, 2024, 10:45:46 AM

News:

IonicWind Snippit Manager 2.xx Released!  Install it on a memory stick and take it with you!  With or without IWBasic!

Info Only Update 06-24-2012

Started by LarryMc, June 24, 2012, 11:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryMc

I think I've got all the compile issues behind me; but won't know for sure until I do some in-depth beta testing.

Anyway, I' currently working on a testing program to read the information stored in the debug files (*.dbgs) to see what info is store there , when it changes, and how I can use it.

This would be a good time for anyone who has wants/desires in the debugger to speak up.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RodrigoC

One thing I appreciate on a debugger is an "Immediate Window" where you can use print (?) to evaluate expressions and even call function that you have written.

LarryMc

Quote from: RodrigoC on June 28, 2012, 11:58:24 AM
One thing I appreciate on a debugger is an "Immediate Window" where you can use print (?) to evaluate expressions and even call function that you have written.
With my limited knowledge I'll be happy to be able to duplicate what is done in the current IDE's debugger.
With the little understanding I have right now I have absolutely no idea how to implement what you are asking for.
As I see it, what you are suggesting would equate to creating and compiling separate programs from the one being debugged and executing them.
?????????

But, when(and if) I get the basic functionality completed I'll see if I've learned anything new that will let me attempt what you suggest.
LarryMc
Larry McCaughn :)
Author of IWB+, Custom Button Designer library, Custom Chart Designer library, Snippet Manager, IWGrid control library, LM_Image control library

RodrigoC

Andy

hi Larry,

Think a nice idea would be an option to only show the Red highlighted problems (compile errors) instead of having to scroll though to find them.
Day after day, day after day, we struck nor breath nor motion, as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean.